What I Have Read in 2021

 What I Have Read 

I am not much of an advocate reader, but for school material, I am happy to read whatever book or chapter comes my way. While I am not the best and fastest reader, comprehending what I am reading is very important so I take my time and reread certain parts of what I am reading. This semester has been full of reading material for school and I had also found a new hobby of mine that involves reading. I was never much of an anime person, but after binge watching my first anime, I was intrigued and decided to read the manga about the show. After that, I pursued to start more manga's.

Sayre M. Henry. A World of Art 

  • Chapter twelve of the textbook involves the history and importance of a type of artwork which are sculptures. Not knowing much about sculptures prior to reading the chapter, I had learned so many different ways to create a sculpture and how tedious it could be. Viewing how sculptures come in all shapes and forms had fascinated me because when I think of a sculpture, the first thing that comes into my mind are statues. But, after reading more about them, I had learned and realized that most sculptures takes construction, modeling, casting, and installation. Overall, sculptures are one of the most talented people I have ever read about. 
World of Art, A (Subscription) | 8th edition | Pearson
A World of Art 
By Henry M. Sayre

Gotouge, Koyaoharu. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, 2016

  • From the start, to the end, you will stay on your toes. To draw attention, the beginning of the book involves a heartbreak scene within a family which sets the stage for what would lead as the main plot line in the book. Although I have to admit, the storyline is very predictable and nothing too complex to not understand, but the different characters is what makes this such an amazing book to read. Each character that shows up in the book, all are different in so many aspects. One side there are demons and the other side are the demon slayers who all have backgrounds that led to where they stand in the manga. Reading this book had felt like binge watching a television show. I just could not stop reading chapter after chapter.

Amazon.com: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Vol. 1 (1) (9781974700523):  Gotouge, Koyoharu: Books
Demon Slayer 
By Koyaoharu Gotouge
2016


Machiavelli, Niccolo. The Prince, 1513

  • The book itself has many factors that allows the readers to learn a thing or two. The book creates the reader to think what is right or wrong or in other words, what made him good or bad. Throughout reading the book, more than most books I have read in the past, it had personally created me to think more about what was being said. Having to critically think while reading the book made it that much more enjoyable because things were not outright said but I had to evaluate certain points of the reading. 

The Prince: Machiavelli, Nicolo: 9781494461942: Amazon.com: Books
The Prince 
By Niccolo Machiavelli 
1513



Shakespeare, William. Hamlet, 1599

  • The book is an emotional story of a man who has devoted his life to seek revenge for the death of his father. Throughout the novel, I was very drawn to characters whose life's are similar but both take different routes on how to solve the problems that come their way. The book involves love, betrayal, and hatred. All three factors had contributed to the knowledge and how great this book truly is. Thus, having all of these components in one book has allowed Hamlet to be one of the greatest books I have ever read. 

Hamlet eBook by William Shakespeare | Rakuten Kobo
Hamlet 
By William Shakespeare 
1599

    From the first week of taking this class, I expected this class to be a lot of information based with hard work. Although it was hard work, the information that was being given was more interesting than I expected. My goals were to not procrastinate as much as I did in high school and having school be online made it much more harder. But, luckily, for the most part, I was eager and ready to learn. When assignments came my way, here and there would be some struggles with due dates. But overall, I had kept up with this goal. 
    After learning about humanities, I had learned that humanities is essentially learning about culture and literature. I had did complete my main goal of procrastinating and keeping a good schedule for studying and doing homework assignments. What had interested me the most about this class was reading about Hamlet. I had always known about the book and the movie but had never read or watched either one of them. I knew somewhat about the storyline, but physically reading the book exceeded my expectations. I had felt so many emotions while reading the book which kept me on my toes. I had learned many things in this class. The main thing I will take away from this class is being able to analyze information or books better. Doing the blogs and assignments had developed me to become a greater analyzer. Although I had already knew had to analyze, consistently doing analyzations in each week's assignments had built my understanding more.   

Works Cited 

Gotouge, Koyaoharu. “Chapters and Volumes.” Kimetsu No Yaiba Wikia, 2016, kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Chapters_and_Volumes.

Gotoge, Koyoharu. Demon Slayer. VIZ Media LLC, 2019.

Machiavelli Niccolò, and K. The Prince. Encyclopldia Britannica, Inc., 1990.

Sagar, Keith. Hamlet (Shakespeare). Blackwell, 1971.




Comments